Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Knock on Startup-Rebuild or not? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=159104)

ccarlley 11-24-2019 04:27 PM

Knock on Startup-Rebuild or not?

Newbie question. My 1998 295cc Robins makes a slight knocking sound until it warms up. Noticeable. I could leave it alone and maybe be fine or I could rebuild and go through all that work. I'm torn because I don't want to damage the crankshaft but don't want to rebuild needlessly. Any opinions? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trig123 11-24-2019 10:50 PM

Re: Knock on Startup-Rebuild or not?

Can you post a video to youtube of the knock and let us play the video to hear it ?

ccarlley 11-25-2019 01:49 PM

Thanks for weighing in Trig123. Seems fine now. Maybe it sat for a long time and the oil took time to build pressure. Dunno. But if it stays like this, I'm good! I tried to post a link of the vid but was denied because of being a noob. Thanks again tho.

gotti 11-25-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarlley (Post 1671718)
Thanks for weighing in Trig123. Seems fine now. Maybe it sat for a long time and the oil took time to build pressure. Dunno. But if it stays like this, I'm good! I tried to post a link of the vid but was denied because of being a noob. Thanks again tho.

Is your oil pressure light staying lit or coming on and going off?

ccarlley 11-25-2019 02:35 PM

Hmmm. Didnt think this TXT had an oil pressure light or even a place to install one. Great idea, however. I've not examined this engine closely so it may have a place where I can install one. Thanks for that idea.

gotti 11-25-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarlley (Post 1671727)
Hmmm. Didnt think this TXT had an oil pressure light or even a place to install one. Great idea, however. I've not examined this engine closely so it may have a place where I can install one. Thanks for that idea.

I don't know about that model but I recently installed a manual gauge on mine because the oil pressure light would never go off. Turns out it was correct because I wasn't getting any oil pressure. I replaced the oil pump and oil pump cover this weekend and it's all good now. I avoided a costly replacement or repair.