Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Squeeky Windshield (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=30098)

torey3 03-08-2010 07:38 PM

Squeeky Windshield

My fold down aftermarket windshield squeeks so badly that I want to rip it off and run it over! Does anyone have a fix?

ncfenceguy 03-08-2010 07:52 PM

Re: Squeeky Windshield

I have the same problem with a new windshield. The old one that I replaced because of age, didn't squeak. The new one sounds like I've got a mouse trapped in there:crybaby:

ckiguy 03-10-2010 07:58 AM

you could always pull iit of and apply some foam tape to the mating surfaces of the windshield and the frame. that way it wont have plastic and metal rubbing/squeking, find of like a gasket. when i put rocker panel covers on my jeep i had to put a rubber gasket between the body and the panels. kinda for the same reason, and the rubicons have the same thing.

scottyb 03-10-2010 08:05 AM

Take a look at your top and see why it is flexing so much? Is it loose somewhere? If the top is flexing a lot (where it shouldn't) it will break the supports later. Maybe the squeek is saying 'fix me, fixme, fixme'? :lhmo:
If not, just spray some silicone or wd40 in the rubber hold down clips.

wilster734 03-10-2010 08:13 AM

i have the same problem and to cure some of it i did spray silicone on the rubber and then used bunjee cords on the corners and it seemed to clear it up :thumbup:

essness 03-10-2010 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With the "clips" they are going to squeek! I drilled and put neoprene well nuts and screws with neoprene backed washers in the lower (stationary) part of the windshield. The reduced the noise significantly, but the top, (flip down part) still made noise. SO, I used the well nuts and thumb screws so I could still open it up.

golfcarfixer 03-10-2010 09:36 AM

It usually flexes in the middle and squeaks so I put a piece of angle aluminum at the hinge where it flexes.I knotched it so it fit around the frame and then I screwed it through the winshield to the frame with self tapping screws.Then I also screwed the windshield to the rest of the aluminum frame.:wink:

Deans 03-10-2010 09:35 PM

"Rip it off and run it over!"
I did and have not had a squeek since.
It's not like it keeps the rain off or mud out any way....:mrgreen:

sms-shop 03-10-2010 09:49 PM

yea but it sure helps on the damp nights at the beach

essness 03-10-2010 09:55 PM

Or when it's 20 deg out on the lake8)