Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   clubcar vacuum question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=46509)

hotdog 04-06-2011 02:53 PM

clubcar vacuum question

I have a 86 clubcar. My question is where does the vacuum line go to that comes out the engine? One goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump, but where does the other one go? On thecartdude page it would be part #23 of engine assembly 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

lgcmech 04-06-2011 03:16 PM

Re: clubcar vacuum question

looks to me like it is a breather hose that goes into air box. there is a hole on the carb side of the air box.

hotdog 04-06-2011 08:02 PM

Are you talking about the breather hose on the carburetor. The hose I am talking about comes off the engine behind the exhaust. What is there is only a short piece that doesn't reach anything. If I put the breather hose from the carburetor in this hose it will start to run,then I have to pull it out to keep it running. At other times it seem the breather hose just has to be close to this hose to run. :help: Does that make any sense?

a70eliminator 04-07-2011 05:10 AM

I'm with lgcmech the short hose you decribe #23 goes right into the back of the air cleaner base, it's the valve cover breather tube on your side valve kf82, it's pcv.

lgcmech 04-07-2011 08:29 AM

sounds like you have other issues. the breather hose on the carb should just go down the side of the engine and not plug into anything. i will try to get some pics from one of the carts here to show you.

GLEEMO 04-07-2011 09:16 AM

bump

hotdog 04-07-2011 09:27 AM

I think we're getting somewhere now.:thumbup: I put a bigger fuel line on from the pump to the tank. For some reason it was smaller than the other line. Also the line from the crankcase to the pump did not have any clamps on so I put them on. The other question I have is ,Is there supposed to be oil coming out from the engine where the line goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump?
Thanks again for the help.:thumbup:

hotdog 04-09-2011 05:54 AM

You guys have been a big help. Can anyone tell me Is there supposed to be oil coming out from the engine where the line goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump? If I take off that line oil sprays out. Is that line what runs the pump?:?

a70eliminator 04-09-2011 06:27 AM

The crankcase tube does create a positive pressure that boosts the fuel pump, I would consider it normal to have some oil residue in the tube but it shouldn't be pouring oil out, it could spit some oil if your case was overfilled, or your piston rings are worn out.

hotdog 04-09-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a70eliminator (Post 548435)
The crankcase tube does create a positive pressure that boosts the fuel pump, I would consider it normal to have some oil residue in the tube but it shouldn't be pouring oil out, it could spit some oil if your case was overfilled, or your piston rings are worn out.

Thanks guys! :thumbup: You've been a big help. Keep up the good work.