Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Programming an Onward Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=171831)

skywaterbanjo 12-12-2020 12:12 PM

Programming an Onward Lithium

I am about the pull the trigger on a 2021 Onward Lithium. My question: Can any of the programming be done by the user and, what parameters can be programmed?

I've seen reference to regenerative braking and mode. What are the different modes and how do they affect speed and battery performance?

Our new cart is to be used mostly for golf but also 2 mile journeys to the clubhouse.

I wasn't able to find a good reference online for the Onward lithium.

TIA

Mark

Gregt909 12-13-2020 07:46 AM

Re: Programming an Onward Lithium

I have the 2020 Onward Li ion and unless has changed recently any programming needs to be done at the dealer. I believe there’s 3 different program modes, most choose sport which will give you max speed of around 20 mph depending on tire size. You can also adjust the regen braking but IMO the stock setting is perfect

skywaterbanjo 12-13-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregt909 (Post 1789360)
I have the 2020 Onward Li ion and unless has changed recently any programming needs to be done at the dealer. I believe there’s 3 different program modes, most choose sport which will give you max speed of around 20 mph depending on tire size. You can also adjust the regen braking but IMO the stock setting is perfect

Thank you!

Duhrew 12-15-2020 10:55 AM

Very limited settings with onward cart controllers. Unless you have the cord and software, dealer access only.

I would also debate on getting a lithium VS the ac drive. I had intentions of getting the lithium cart until I heard some mediocre reports of their range. I have been happy with my ac drive so far, and would expect lithium kits to come out once they are totally dialed in and my current batteries need to be replaced.

I also planned on removing the regen until I familiarized myself with the "one foot" approach. I now prefer regen (my wife does not!).

Icky 12-15-2020 11:54 AM

I also planned on removing the regen until I familiarized myself with the "one foot" approach. I now prefer regen (my wife does not!).[/QUOTE]

What is one foot approach?

Duhrew 12-15-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icky (Post 1790123)
I also planned on removing the regen until I familiarized myself with the "one foot" approach. I now prefer regen (my wife does not!).

What is one foot approach?[/QUOTE]

Utilizing the regen to slow down and stop the cart. I rarely use the brake pedal anymore.

CartsRFun 12-15-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo (Post 1789390)
Thank you!

Whatever you do...do not do not let the dealer touch your controller..
they will damage the controller's program ing so that it cannot be
recovered contach cgtech or bobboyce...here on the forum they are the true pros regarding this ...you will be very, very glad you did !!

Best wishes
Happy Cartin'

Duhrew 12-15-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartsRFun (Post 1790231)
Whatever you do...do not do not let the dealer touch your controller..
they will damage the controller's program ing so that it cannot be
recovered contach cgtech or bobboyce...here on the forum they are the true pros regarding this ...you will be very, very glad you did !!

Best wishes
Happy Cartin'

I haven't plugged into the onward lately because there's really not much that can be adjusted. Very basic controller compared to some of the other Curtis models available.

Truth about Mr. Boyce. Wealth of knowledge!