Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EZGO TXT intermittent forward and reverse (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180359)

ssanders14 10-24-2021 11:15 AM

EZGO TXT intermittent forward and reverse

New to me 36 volt golf cart with Date Code A1709. I'm reading that means its a 2009. Trojan Black batteries that are new and fully charged. Tested with volt meter to 38.6 volts. Yesterday evening the cart quit fulling moving in forward and reverse. It will sometimes move 6 ft or so in each direction and then sometimes will not move at all. I can distinctly hear the solenoid clicking. All wires are in good condition. Cart has a Curtis controller. Ran it for a couple of miles this morning and then after returning home and parking the cart and trying to use it again about 20 minutes later it wouldn't move. Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking it is either the FNR rocker switch or the solenoid.

kgsc 10-24-2021 12:18 PM

Re: EZGO TXT intermittent forward and reverse

If it still has the reverse buzzer put it in diagnostic mode and listen for codes. Put the fnr switch in N. Turn key on and switch from N to R five times ending in N. It should then beep 1-4 times depending on what speed chip is in it. Then might beep some codes. Now push the go pedal and listen.

ssanders14 10-24-2021 12:49 PM

just attempted to do this and didn't hear any beeps just the reverse buzzer when in R.

kgsc 10-24-2021 12:53 PM

Flip it to tow then back to run and try again. Remember to end in N

JohnnieB 10-24-2021 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Text at bottom of attached label tells you how.

ssanders14 10-24-2021 02:03 PM

Still no bueno on the diagnostic mode. Below is the procedure I followed.

Put cart in tow/maintenance mode. Waited 20 minutes. Put cart in run mode. Waited 30 seconds. Cart key was off the whole time with the FNR switch in N. Switched key to ON, toggled FNR switch from N to R, N to R, N to R, N to R, N to R and back to neutral. Waited 10 seconds to see if I would hear a verification of cart in diag mode, did not hear any beeps. Fully depressed the Go pedal and still heard no beeps.

ssanders14 10-24-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnieB (Post 1858991)
Text at bottom of attached label tells you how.

I didn't try this method before posting my last post. I'll try this after the rain stops.

ssanders14 10-24-2021 03:36 PM

I got the cart to go into Diagnostic mode. I heard 4 beeps to indicate it is in diag mode. What needs to be done after the cart goes into diag mode? I pressed on the go pedal but didn't hear any additional beeps.

kgsc 10-25-2021 08:26 AM

The 4 beeps is telling you the freedom chip is installed. Reverse at least works on the fnr switch because you are hearing the beeper. No movement sounds like a bad solenoid but I would think that you would get beeps for that.

ssanders14 10-25-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgsc (Post 1859117)
The 4 beeps is telling you the freedom chip is installed. Reverse at least works on the fnr switch because you are hearing the beeper. No movement sounds like a bad solenoid but I would think that you would get beeps for that.

I do get audible clicks from the solenoid when pressing on the Go pedal.