Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Other Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Evolution Programming (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180561)

AdvancedEVguy 11-01-2021 03:12 PM

Evolution Programming

I have a friend with an Evolution cart. It has the same 4 pin molex connector as my Advanced EV, but it has a curtis controller, so I am sure the software for the Toyota will not work. However, it appears to be a CANbus, so with the appropriate software maybe?? Would have to be written for the CAN-USB device I have so it's probably not possible. If anyone out there knows about this stuff, please reply so I can let him know what it will tkae for him to get the ability to do his own tweaking.

BobInDaytona 12-14-2021 11:11 AM

Re: Evolution Programming

What model year is the EVO you are referring to?

AdvancedEVguy 12-15-2021 12:55 PM

It's a 2021. 4 seat, not sure of the model but I can find out if it matters.

BobInDaytona 12-20-2021 07:33 AM

2021 - it is a clone of a Curtis controller, but for programming purposes, it is a Curtis controller. There are two ways to program it - there is a PC software package that some people use, and a stand-alone handheld programmer which I think most people use. I have no idea where to get the software, but the handheld is available on Amazon for $600 +/- Search for: HOLDWELL 1313-4331 1313-4431 OEM Dealer Access Level Handheld Programmer 1313-4401 1311-4401 Compatible with Curtis

Rhino-Cart 04-07-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobInDaytona (Post 1867254)
2021 - it is a clone of a Curtis controller, but for programming purposes, it is a Curtis controller. There are two ways to program it - there is a PC software package that some people use, and a stand-alone handheld programmer which I think most people use. I have no idea where to get the software, but the handheld is available on Amazon for $600 +/- Search for: HOLDWELL 1313-4331 1313-4431 OEM Dealer Access Level Handheld Programmer 1313-4401 1311-4401 Compatible with Curtis

Bob - I just found this forum and have a question you might be able to answer. I have a 2021 Evolution Forester 4 Plus. I just went to the dealer after having it for a year, to get them to turn up the acceleration and the top speed. After leaving and driving it for a couple days I realize I would like a few more adjustments, so I purchased the handheld programmer from Amazon, the one you spoke of in your post. My question is, do I need any additional software if I’m just using the handheld programmer plugged directly into the Curtis controller? I swear that’s what the tech did at the shop with his programmer, after having trouble plugging his laptop in and trying it that way which I assume was through a Curtis controller program.

KRAZYMATT 04-12-2022 08:53 AM

You do not need any additional software if you have the hand held programmer.

BobInDaytona 05-07-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino-Cart (Post 1883746)
Bob - I just found this forum and have a question you might be able to answer. I have a 2021 Evolution Forester 4 Plus. I just went to the dealer after having it for a year, to get them to turn up the acceleration and the top speed. After leaving and driving it for a couple days I realize I would like a few more adjustments, so I purchased the handheld programmer from Amazon, the one you spoke of in your post. My question is, do I need any additional software if I’m just using the handheld programmer plugged directly into the Curtis controller? I swear that’s what the tech did at the shop with his programmer, after having trouble plugging his laptop in and trying it that way which I assume was through a Curtis controller program.

If you plug in the handheld, turn on the cart, does the menu come up with lots of button choices? If so, you are connected...
SOrry for the late answer - haven't been on this thread in a long time - been concentrating a bit on ICONS, but can help here.

mikewahoo191 05-27-2022 08:41 AM

Have the 2022 version with the EV controller - any help in getting to/equipment to program much appreciated. Looks like with the right SW and cable it can done but quick searches coming up empty. Thanks!

KRAZYMATT 05-28-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewahoo191 (Post 1891442)
Have the 2022 version with the EV controller - any help in getting to/equipment to program much appreciated. Looks like with the right SW and cable it can done but quick searches coming up empty. Thanks!

I have them. PM sent.

kkinney1308 05-30-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT (Post 1891559)
I have them. PM sent.

Any chance you can PM me the details as well? I have a 2022 Evolution Classic Plus and I need to increase the acceleration rate. It is very slow to accelerate.
Thanks!