Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can you put a Z bracket Lift ontop of a BU 6" suspention lift??? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=67375)

murderedc230 07-16-2012 08:54 PM

Can you put a Z bracket Lift ontop of a BU 6" suspention lift???

If I remember right when I was putting my suspention together, it was all based off the frame and nothing else. So If I were to get a 4" Z bracket lift for a total of 10" would that work? I was thinking about getting 12x12 wheels with 28" tires if possible and possibly spacers for stability. Everyone in the neighborhood seems to have your every day lifted golf cart now and I wanna go bigger now. So Im trying to gather my options for more lift for a insance stance with massive tires.

The only issue I see running into is lowering the back axle. I dont see any blocks on the market and I started wondering why. The last cart I lifted was electric and the motor just lowered with the axle. Am I going to run into belt issues and brake line issues?

Then a clutch upgrade of course.

scottyb 07-16-2012 10:44 PM

Re: Can you put a Z bracket Lift ontop of a BU 6" suspention lift???

You can stack a z with any lift, the back end? You are on your own. How much z are you looking at? 4 inches? You could put shackle extensions on it... careful you don't get too much tire and end up with all show and no go.

JcXtreme72 07-16-2012 11:27 PM

We put autozone blocks on the back of a villager 6 we lifted 8" and had no problems with it.

murderedc230 07-20-2012 05:54 PM

Well I figured it would be all show no go with the 28" tires until I redid the clutch. Figured I'd get the power kit from BU with the spring, belt and what not and should be good enough.

But cool! Although the answer im looking for is can I lift the back on the gas carts and not run into belt length issues? Cause on the electric ones the motor drops with the axle. Does it do the same on the gas?

JcXtreme72 07-20-2012 06:08 PM

The engine drops with the axle.

murderedc230 07-20-2012 10:05 PM

Sweet! I may get started with this then...

cdodd3 07-30-2012 09:20 PM

I did a 10" lift on my ezgo and ran into brakeline issues. I had to build a drop bracket for them. Also, I dropped the front of the motor down with a drop bracket on front of the engine cradle. Let me know if you have an questions, I may be able to assist.

COURTESYCART 07-31-2012 10:15 PM

you will need to drop the front of the eng cradle down. A former co-worker put 31x10.5x15 truck tires under his gas cart. it was all custom. it orig had a spindle lift, than he added a 4" ezgo lift and than spacers on the springs at the body and a custom rear lift. the cart didn't last long before the rear went out. Sorry i dont have any pics. He also builds rock crawlers on the side.

aything is possible.

Yourmama 10-09-2015 01:27 AM

Need photo's of homemade 6" Lift Kits for G2 .