Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=71214)

sassycat 06-19-2013 04:49 PM

Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

no machine work and did not have to even cut my crank snout shorter:thumbup:
but some do depending on your set up.
my case i did nothing,but i built my own engine cradle and drilled my own holes for the engine so mine is different so to speak.and the 3 link.

i payed for the yr warranty ,and removed the gov before ever starting the engine lol..stripped off the new gas tank,air filter box,muffler and put those parts back in the box to stay new looking..
in my case i will prob never use the warranty but if you are gonna keep the gov and not go into the engine you should def get the warranty..harbor freight asked me why i didnt want the warranty at first and i said because i may cut the crank down to size,and they said it didnt matter long as i bring it back the way i bought it so i got the warranty..

i cant speak for the engine with all those parts it comes with really,,because i gave mine more air with bigger tube and bigger air filter,and in turn you have to get the ilde and main jet tuned to match the motor..plus kinda have a custom free flowing exhaust thats really quite..used the 2 stroke muffler and opened up the exit hole.
its much better and more power than the 13hp honda i had in here before,but it seems 1-2 people in 10 have had bad luck,thats why the warranty could be a good thing,depends what your gonna do with it i guess and want out of it:thumbup:

sassycat 06-20-2013 02:00 PM

OK,,I CN NOT BELIVE NO ONE HAS CORRECTED ME MY HOLE LIFE.
IT FEELS KINDA CRAPPY KNOWING I BEEN GIVIN WRONG INFO FOR 30 YRS:shock:
you will be proud of me teacher:thumbup:

when i see a number like 1.2505 i have my hole life thought that last 5,the 4th digit RIGHT OF DECIMAL POINT was a half a thousandth! WTF,,DOUBLE WTF LOL

my best friend today informed me i was wrong..i said teach me then !

while this is not nothing to some,its big to me as when i learn something all my life its hard to be corrected..meaning all of us would argue many things that we thought for sure we knew all our lives.

this complicates me a little so i will take a pic lol..only doing this because i still feel bad i gave wrong info..call it what you will8)

danman 06-20-2013 02:13 PM

Hey man, it happens to us all!! At least you can come back and let folks know you were wrong! Many people cant bring themselves to do that:roll:

You still helped me figure out if my crank was in spec or not. Got some dial calipers yesterday and check my crank in 3 spots and they were all almost dead on 1.416.....so now I am just waiting on the rod to get here:mrgreen:

Thanks for all of the info. I've learned no matter how much education you have, or how much wisdom you gain over the years, that there is always something to learn...and I have many many things yet to learn myself!

Hardkor 06-20-2013 02:28 PM

Thats how we earn respect Sassy. Builds good character too. Props to you.

sassycat 06-20-2013 02:32 PM

this to me is a micro scopic number and prob why ive never seen the 5th digit to the right of the decimal point till now,and my friend says the numbers will continue hundreds more nubers to the right of the decimal point..
my friend im talking of is 63 and sharp as a tac,taught me more things in life about stuff we learned in school,than the schools ever teached,and still dont lol.now i see why:mrgreen:

so teacher please correct me if my friend is wrong,as i very rarely get one over on him and it would be great for me to do just that..besides i already have this in my head and dont like being wrong:lhmo:

on digital calipers they only show 4 digits to the right of the decimal point,.unless you use milimeters.
just when i thought i knew it all
paul harvey,saying,good day!

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...psb4910c8e.jpg

danman 06-20-2013 06:11 PM

Looks right to me, but shouldn't there be a "thousandths" in between the hundredths and ten thousandths place?

Pitbull Joe 06-20-2013 06:20 PM

I thought so also but i'm a little unducated lol.

danman 06-20-2013 06:22 PM

I'm sure sassy knew, probably just forgot to write it in there. I do that kind of stuff all of the time...

If there is one thing I have learned, it is that mechanics and people with mechanical skills are some pretty sharp guys8)

Pitbull Joe 06-20-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman (Post 897231)
I'm sure sassy knew, probably just forgot to write it in there. I do that kind of stuff all of the time...

If there is one thing I have learned, it is that mechanics and people with mechanical skills are some pretty sharp guys8)

:thumbup:

sassycat 06-20-2013 09:58 PM

:lhmo: i will ask him to see if he screwed up..id rather not no any of this past the .2505 i will never use the next digit i didnt write in my lifetime i dont think..
i was in the 9th grade 3 yrs in a row,,partying,women and,well prob more partying was way more important than school..THEN :mrgreen:
but always did good and never failed till high school lol..

my buddy tells me that when it has the 5th digit past the decimal point i dont say it right either,,go figure:mrgreen:

he says .25055 is pronounced 2 thousand five hundred and five/100 thousandths..

all i no is my digital calipers dont show that fith nuber so im pretending it dont exsist:mrgreen: my brain cant take it no more:thumbup: