Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=71214)

sassycat 10-16-2012 08:47 PM

Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

you no thats right..when i see stuff i think about the rock crawlin and being stupid days and may just build something wild someday..when i hit the lotto:mrgreen:

CRK 10-18-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassycat (Post 790900)
you no thats right..when i see stuff i think about the rock crawlin and being stupid days and may just build something wild someday..when i hit the lotto:mrgreen:

Hey sassycat, ever heard of pirate4x4.com? = rock crawling period! Been a member there for a good long while, back when I had a Toyota 4x4

sassycat 10-18-2012 05:21 PM

im a member there but never posted ..been a jeepforum member for yrs tho,but sold the jeep i built when i couldnt refuse the high offer..need to build another someday tho,,its addictive as heck:mrgreen:

1fast67 10-20-2012 04:01 PM

Any more progress on your cart?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

sassycat 10-20-2012 06:31 PM

ive done a couple test samples with the rustoleum cobalt blue metalic,and it is shiny as heck when applied,but seems to be a satin shine when dried..
ive mixed paint and painted farm and entrace gates and stuff ive welded all my life but def not a painter,,and it shows lol..

so,,after i paint it,can i just use good clear coat to go on after for the shine i want?
does it have to match the base of whats in the paint or ?
never got into it like painting a car..but i can do some sweet clear coat on guns so if the cart can turm out like that i would be happy..
its gonna get scratched cause that will be the 99 percent use..forest trails in all hrs of the night lol..lots of wodded land and trails where i live to see deer turkey and wil hog galore..
got caught pouchen a few yrs back,,the law was excited till they seen i only had a camera and a smal carry pistol,,,:mrgreen: i was thankfull..id rather just take some pics anyhow now a days..
cart is on the ground with stock wheels,may be a couple weeks before i get shocks,,then tires and rims ,,gonna start the diamond plate soon hopefully

1fast67 10-20-2012 06:36 PM

Clear coat is what it is. The more coats you put on the more shine it will have.

sassycat 10-20-2012 07:05 PM

but im fairly sure theres different clear coat paint that wont mix with every kinda paint...the paint is enamel im sure,,so will clear laquer spray paint work?
i use it on wood and its bad azz.

1fast67 10-20-2012 07:18 PM

I doubt it will stick to metal then. Go get some clear that they have for tractors. Its cheap and you wont be bummed when its all scratched up. I used satin blaxk tractor paint with no clear and i like it.

sassycat 10-20-2012 07:39 PM

i use santin blk on a lot of things,,good stuff,but just want that car shine kinda if i can..practice makes perfect tho :thumbup:

BrewCityMusic 10-20-2012 08:08 PM

Implement (tractor) paint is da BOMB - goes on easily and glossy without dry spots, won't run easily unless you really get in too much of a hurry, generally doesn't need a clear coat, touches up easily, and is very good at sticking to everything as well as resisting scratches so I second that opinion !!!