Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Oh crap, need help with microswitch problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=119282)

bcsman 06-11-2016 09:51 AM

Oh crap, need help with microswitch problem

1 Attachment(s)
Have been having starting issues lately and replaced the solenoid but didnt fix. Got 2 micro switches and replaced the upper one by the shifter--no problem. Was trying to do the one the pedal moves and uh oh. Had sprayed with WD 40 and wire brushed to clean as well as I could but one screw broke off at the bottom and the other right at the top of the switch. Didnt put too much force but they are small and very rusted--1993 DS. So I am in abit of a quandry. Any ideas except to change the whole box?? Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about.

Attachment 137073

lockman1 06-11-2016 10:40 AM

Re: Oh crap, need help with microswitch problem

Those screws are replaceable, they are 4-40 x 1.65"
I can't remember if you have to remove the ECB in order to replace them.

:wink:

bcsman 06-11-2016 10:45 AM

Thanks lockman, gotta ask tho what's the ECB??

The longer screw thats left just turns and the short one broke off flush with the bottom.

lockman1 06-11-2016 10:55 AM

Electrical Components Box!

Or Black box... :wink:

You may have to remove it from the frame mounts to access the screw holes,
but I'm not sure! :dontknow:

bcsman 06-11-2016 11:08 AM

hahahaha ya figured that was what you meant but thought I would ask first. I dont see any way to get to them than from underneath and hopefully can remove the broken parts from the bottom. Working with 1 arm as I had rotator cuff surgery a week ago.

Also posted in the for sale area about any parted out old gassers just in case. If I can work on these screws any idea where I could locate that size you listed, sounds pretty hard to find??

lockman1 06-11-2016 12:03 PM

Ouch... you might need 2 hands, kids? wife? or a buddy maybe?

Yeah... those little #4 screws might be difficult to find in a 1-5/8" length, but the first place I'd try is a DIY place!
(Lowe's, Home Depot, Farm and Fleet etc.)
All else fails, a BGW sponsor, or a Club Car dealer.

8)

rls2 06-11-2016 12:46 PM

Any decent hobby shop that deals with Radio Control models will have the screws.

bcsman 06-11-2016 01:41 PM

Good news, micro switches repaired!! Had a neighbor come done and by jacking the front up and looking under the broken screws just pushed out the bottom. They had a small screw head that fit tight in the hole but was spinning. He went home and returned with 2 that were just a tad larger so we just drilled the switches a small amount to make them work. And the end had a phillips head that we could tighten underneath. And didnt need to remove the ECB!!!! So everything back to normal and still wont start..hahaha Need a new post for solenoid help...

lockman1 06-12-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rls2 (Post 1284004)
Any decent hobby shop that deals with Radio Control models will have the screws.

I'll have to remember that! :thumbup:

Jimmie 06-12-2016 07:21 PM

Just for your info most electrical crimping and wire stripper tools have a place where you can screw in those small screws (about four different sizes) and cut them to your desired length.