Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   G1 How do I know the oil is injecting? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=136349)

mjvero 10-26-2017 11:56 AM

G1 How do I know the oil is injecting?

I have a G1 one and It doesn't seem like the oil reservoir is using much oil although I don't use it for playing golf, just around the yard. Is there a way to know if oil is injecting? I've seen some posts saying the it's safe to disconnect the oil reservoir and just mix the gas. I'd rather not do that, but I also don't want to lose the engine. Thanks.

Spicyunicorn 10-26-2017 02:46 PM

Re: G1 How do I know the oil is injecting?

They use very little you'll know when it doesn't work and your motor is locked up not trying to rub you the wrong way but it's hard to know with the little amount they use I prefer premix

cfherrman 10-26-2017 04:59 PM

Premix is a gurantee, oil injection is mechanical.

Mark a line on the oil bottle, look up how much oil to gas it's supposed to use.

Spicyunicorn 10-26-2017 05:53 PM

Stock injection varys from 125:1-300:1 so it will be hard to determine if it's correct

BrutalSoldier 10-26-2017 08:05 PM

My G1 uses very little oil. There was a point I thought it wasn't using oil out of the tank at all. I disconnected the oil line to carb and ran it into a small soda bottle. I then made some pre-mix gas and ran the cart. Slowly a small puddle of oil began to form in the bottom of the bottle. I decided to plug the oil line to carb and just run pre-mix. I tried several different mixtures but the cart just felt sluggish. I hooked the stock oil injection back up filled the tank with fresh gas and the engine seem to come back to life.

Lochlin 10-26-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalSoldier (Post 1445288)
. I decided to plug the oil line to carb and just run pre-mix.

It's been awhile and I have a lot of carts so I can't recall exactly how my G1 is set up. That said, if memory serves me correctly there is the oil line going from the oil tank to the carb which you mention plugging. There may also be a vacuum line on the case that you may want to plug? I recall my G1 having two vacuum lines, one for the fuel pump and one for the oil pump? If that's right then that unplugged vacuum line might be causing your sluggish cart.

Forgive me if I am way off base here. I have 8 vintage carts and, over time, it's pretty easy to confuse how each were set up when I disconnected the auto oilers on them. Like many, I prefer to mix.

mjvero 10-27-2017 04:17 PM

Thanks for the responses. If I decide to go to premix, what is a good mixture? 100:1?

yamarancher 10-27-2017 08:45 PM

yes 100:1 works good.

cgtech 10-28-2017 03:28 PM

The oil should be consumed at roughly the rate of 1 tank of oil per 10 tank of gas.

Golf cart guy 10-29-2017 09:03 PM

The Yamaha injection system was fool proof. Even if they leaked, its still injected enough oil to keep the motor alive. Never seen one fail....ever.