Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Please help yamaha g2 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=167514)

racermpn 08-07-2020 04:41 PM

Please help yamaha g2

Is the governor supposed to be free like you can move it back and forth very easily with no problem or resistance...Is there a spring broken that I can't see. I am at a loss. So my last post it was thought that the governor problem was the china clutch i installed. Well i fixed my old one and put it back on and same problem. In neutral engine revs up and then surges back and forth multiple times. It will eventually level out after about 15-20 times. So i go to drive it and it does the same thing surges. I kept adjusting the throttle cable till it finally stopped which is no where close to where it has always been and now its soo slows it wont get out its own way cause its probably less than half throttle.. Everything on it is back to how it was originally before belt broke which was cause from the bushing being broke in the secondary drive. i don't know what else to do...it has to be the governer right? Can this even be fixed?

cgtech 08-08-2020 10:34 PM

Re: Please help yamaha g2

Not the problem, the governor arm should be able to swing freely.

The operation of the governor sounds perfectly normal. (Especially if testing with the rear wheels off the ground).

You haven't clarified if this perceived "wrong operation" of the governor is with the wheels off the ground (or not in gear), or if it actually does this while driving.

racermpn 08-13-2020 03:30 PM

its both in neutral and while riding.

cgtech 08-13-2020 04:01 PM

I'm starting to think your belt & clutches are causing this, not the governor in the axle.

What's the part number on your belt? Is it over 1" wide on the outside diameter? When the engine revs up, does the belt come all the way up the front pulley?

racermpn 08-28-2020 11:51 AM

Sorry Im just seeing this. I need to measure the belt but I bought as an oem number from buggies unlimited. I was able to fix my old clutch and put it back on so everything is like it was before this all happened. Do you mean the front pulley of the primary clutch? I actually took the belt completely off and it still does it. It sounds more like its hitting the rev limitor, but it has also never ever done that before with the belt on or off. It got me thinking its something else now. Belt is 1-3/16" Could the primary do this?? I was brand new about 6 months ago the oem came apart to bad to fix.