Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help needed! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=23738)

nixonride 09-26-2009 03:20 PM

Help needed!

I am new to the cart world and so far am working on my 3rd cart...pretty much all cosmetic upgrades to both an electric (97) and a gas (88) club car. Now we are modding a friends 90' 36V club car and everything was great....line X the whole body 6" lift, some new seat covers, rocker panels...and we took it out to race the 88 gas model to see how fast it was. I backed out of the parking lot and all was fine, flipped it to forward and no go! Tried to go back into reverse...nothing...forward nothing. Hooked it up to the charger everything is charged...all fueses look good. Cart wheels wont move on the ground or lifted. When you press on the gas pedal you hear a click but nothing happens. I took the cover off the speed switch and it looks like the pad on the arm is pretty warn but it seems that the coils in the back are getting power and it is increasing as the pedal gets pressed. I have been reading on the forum to get some ideas but any help is greatly appreciated.

scottyb 09-26-2009 04:24 PM

Re: Help needed!

So...........you are asking about the 90 CC which is a resistor cart with a v-glide throttle indicator? Clicks but wont move F or R ?

nixonride 09-26-2009 05:30 PM

correct!

scottyb 09-26-2009 05:35 PM

Do you have a voltmeter? What is the pack voltage. Is there pack voltage at both ot the large terminals on the solenoid when it clicks?

nixonride 09-26-2009 06:28 PM

Ok well I think I found the problem...we jumped the solenoid and it took off but it seems that the switched side of the circuit is the ground side and not positive...Is this normal....and can I get a solenoid from an aouto parts store that will work or do I have to get one from a club car dealer or online?

scottyb 09-26-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nixonride (Post 288914)
Ok well I think I found the problem...we jumped the solenoid and it took off but it seems that the switched side of the circuit is the ground side and not positive...Is this normal....and can I get a solenoid from an aouto parts store that will work or do I have to get one from a club car dealer or online?

Any golf cart store will have one. It must be rated for the voltage of your cart ie: 36 or 48v. Nothing automotive works in these carts! Not solenoids NOt batteries Not battery cables from cars.

nixonride 09-26-2009 10:17 PM

Thanks for all your help I found one online for $25 should be here mid next week and hopefully it will solve my problems.