Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Power Wise Charger worked after board replaced now back to no power (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=34105)

Delcoguy 06-09-2010 05:52 PM

Power Wise Charger worked after board replaced now back to no power

I have a Power Wise 1 Charger ( the front has black and silver label ). I bought my 1998 EZ-GO TXT cart and the charger worked the first time. Second time to charge it would do nothing. The fuse and all plugs and wires test fine. The cart will charge with a friends charger ruling out the cart. I had the circuit board replaced and the tech plugged it into a cart and it kicked on fine. I thought I had the problem fixed but when I took the charger home and proceeded to plug it into my cart nothing happens. No click, no hum, no reading on the meter,,,nothing. The transformer worked when the board was replaced so my question is could something be burning out the circuit board? Any other ideas?
Yes, the power is on at the outlet and the batteries are not run down ...YET!
Thanks in advance!

scottyb 06-09-2010 08:36 PM

Re: Power Wise Charger worked after board replaced now back to no power

Try it again ..... batteries below 38v? plug the charger into the cart and wait ..... up to 30 seconds, did you hear a small click in the charger? if yes, the charger recognizes the pack. Plug in the 110v cord and the charger should come on......if no check the internal fuse.

Delcoguy 06-09-2010 09:20 PM

Thanks for the advice. I won't be where the cart is until Friday when I will give that a try. Does it matter if you plug it into the cart first then the power outlet second or the other way around?

scottyb 06-09-2010 11:02 PM

Plug the cart in first, then wait for the click, & then plug into the wall outlet.

Delcoguy 06-13-2010 06:31 AM

Charger is WORKING! WooHoo! Armed with all the information I gained from this forum I decided I was going to be methodical about checking every piece of this charger. I started with the cord to the cart, took apart, cleaned and noticed one pin was closed tighter than the other. I used a screw driver to open the pin just a bit. When I plugged it into the cart I heard the click that the charger recognized the cart....I knew I was in business!! Thanks for your help!!!

shadowman 05-20-2011 06:29 AM

Re: hi,I am www.buggiesgonewild.com member now,Grate !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foofeweenp (Post 568037)
Hello.
The interesting name of a site - www.buggiesgonewild.com, interesting this here is very good.
I spent 2 hours searching in the network, until find your forum!

welcome...................................8)