Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to know which model of battery to get? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=54458)

Silverstreak 09-16-2011 03:25 PM

How to know which model of battery to get?

I'm planning on probably replacing my old Trojans with new ones. My golf cart guy says he usually only sells T-105's. Would there be an advantage to getting, say, the T-125? He said something about my controller maybe can't handle the T-125 and it would be a waste of money. I'm at a distinct disadvantage, not knowing much at all about carts! I do take care of the batteries, tire pressure, grease, but I know very little about everything else.
Any suggestions? Should I just stay with the T-105?
(I have a 2006 lifted TXT that I use for slowly ambling about our large rural property). I bought it used last year.
Thanks!

Legendary Golf Carts 09-16-2011 03:37 PM

Re: How to know which model of battery to get?

The T-105's are one of the best batteries on the market. The T-125's have a longer run time, and they are rated at the same voltage, so whoever says your car can't handle the batteries either doesn't know what they are talking about or is just trying to get you to buy their batteries. If your car has along enough run time, stick with the T-105's. If you want more run time I would actually recommend the T-145's.

rib33024 09-16-2011 03:38 PM

There's is nothing wrong with those batteries T -105s or T -125s

Can you tell us what drive system you have

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...-ezgoguide.jpg

Silverstreak 09-16-2011 04:10 PM

Thanks Legendary Golfcarts........but doesn't everyone want more run time? We have a rural property and love just slowly driving around the paths and looking at nature. But I do have to charge the present batteries every night, and not over-do it. And....if 3 people ride in my cart, we run out of juice quickly. Maybe my batteries have been suffering for a long time, so its hard for me to know what I possibly could have in run time, with even new 105's.

Rib.....I'm not sure my maturity level qualifies me to relate to those images. lol!
Well, I think its a series.

Sure wish a nearby college offered a course in golf carts!

Scooter B 09-16-2011 04:28 PM

I have the same run time issues at this point. If those 105's are 5 years old, a new set should give you much longer run times! I'm about to find out for myself too!

Good luck with your cart.

Legendary Golf Carts 09-16-2011 04:54 PM

run time is actually more affected by treatment than by type. T-105's broken in properly will give you a much longer time, especially in the long run, than T-145's mistreated. Look here for battery guides.
cartsunlimited.net

Silverstreak 09-16-2011 07:10 PM

Thanks everyone. I do take good care of my batteries. I think they were fairly run down when I bought this used cart. Well, I didn't understand things last winter and abused them by not charging them much. But now I know. I will be really kind to my new ones!

scottyb 09-16-2011 07:19 PM

THe T105's when properely broken in and cared for should give about 90 minutes of actual run time. Of course many there are many contributing factors that will effect your results. Here are a few things that may effect your run time:
Weight; Your cart model, accessories & passengers
Terrain; Flat or steep, hard or soft footing
Tires; Size, and air pressure
Motor; Age and condition of brushes etc
And the list goes on. :lol:

TerryH 09-16-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 622827)
THe T105's when properely broken in and cared for should give about 90 minutes of actual run time. Of course many there are many contributing factors that will effect your results. Here are a few things that may effect your run time:
Weight; Your cart model, accessories & passengers
Terrain; Flat or steep, hard or soft footing
Tires; Size, and air pressure
Motor; Age and condition of brushes etc
And the list goes on. :lol:

The weight, age, size and condition of the driver and passengers might come into play also. Sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

I say buy the biggest , baddest batteries you can. They are the life blood. I've never heard anyoine ever say that they wish they hadn't bought the better batteries. Mine is on 48v and I sprung for the T890's and I love them. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.

scottyb 09-16-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryH (Post 622870)
The weight, age, size and condition of the driver and passengers might come into play also. Sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

I say buy the biggest , baddest batteries you can. They are the life blood. I've never heard anyone ever say that they wish they hadn't bought the better batteries. Mine is on 48v and I sprung for the T890's and I love them. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Oh, I agree 100% T, we all know the condition of the driver plays a big part in fuel economy :lol:
Who ever heard of a light-footed drunk? :mrgreen:

Seriously Terry is right... When it comes to battery power, bigger is better. In my personal Electric cart I am installing 8 T145s :thumbup: