Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Golf Cart Racing (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   roll cage evolution (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=21397)

pizzamaker 08-08-2009 09:18 AM

roll cage evolution

i have been thinking that maybe there should be one place to discuss and post pictures of cages and rule changes as the sport grows.
i for one can hardly ever find what i'm looking for with the search button:mrgreen:

dirtysouth 08-08-2009 09:22 AM

Re: roll cage evolution

I'm In...:thumbup:

pizzamaker 08-08-2009 09:34 AM

now if this question has been ask i'm sorry that i missed it.
can the cage be bolted to the frame or do they need to be welded?
i am planning on using a fiberglass body and would like to run the tubes though the body but be able to unbolt it to access the frame.

dirtysouth 08-08-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzamaker (Post 257317)
now if this question has been ask i'm sorry that i missed it.
can the cage be bolted to the frame or do they need to be welded?
i am planning on using a fiberglass body and would like to run the tubes though the body but be able to unbolt it to access the frame.

So far, all we have in the rules is anything under 10 seconds has to have a cage. No details, just a cage. Bolt on is fine. I agree with ya on accessing the cart.:thumbup:

pizzamaker 08-08-2009 09:41 AM

cool, i'm on the under 10 seconds plan:mrgreen: go big or watch from the pits i say8)

dirtysouth 08-08-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzamaker (Post 257325)
cool, i'm on the under 10 seconds plan:mrgreen: go big or watch from the pits i say8)

:thumbup: Awesome... Post some pics of yer build. I'll send ya the Secret Squirrel stuff out on Monday.:mrgreen:

scottyb 08-08-2009 09:45 AM

What is the secret squirrel Stuff?
P.S.
I don't want to know if you have to kill me after you tell me :lhmo:

scottyb 08-08-2009 09:50 AM

PM, Food for thought..... My '03 CC NEV (made with GM) has a DOT roll bar it bolts to the frame at 2 points behind the seats and pipe comes up thru the body like you said, but , then they attach the roll bar with pins (1 pipe slides over the other) .... makes it easy to remove the body for access.....

pizzamaker 08-08-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 257337)
PM, Food for thought..... My '03 CC NEV (made with GM) has a DOT roll bar it bolts to the frame at 2 points behind the seats and pipe comes up thru the body like you said, but , then they attach the roll bar with pins (1 pipe slides over the other) .... makes it easy to remove the body for access.....

i do like that thinking.

dirtysouth 08-08-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 257332)
What is the secret squirrel Stuff?
P.S.
I don't want to know if you have to kill me after you tell me :lhmo:

:lhmo: Then you don't want to know.:mrgreen: