Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Plum quick motor, any one run one?? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=82656)

monepit 08-05-2013 03:56 PM

Re: Plum quick motor, any one run one??

It is an 01 series. It had a brand new pack at 12. Plum quick told me the bandit should increase it to 20 to 22. They were right. It did 21 the day I put it in. It has increased to 23 since the pack got broken in.

Absolut Yak 08-05-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 915835)
A call to PQ would reveal these results are not consistent with the product data.
Certainly nobody else should expect 10-11mph gains.

Actually, if the speed code was 2 before and the Bandit removed that restriction, then those gains are plausible. Kinda depends on the start point.

cmalberto 08-05-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 915835)
A call to PQ would reveal these results are not consistent with the product data.
Certainly nobody else should expect 10-11mph gains.

Maybe if the speed sensor was poo poo'd and wouldn't the PQ eliminate that? So perhaps this was a fixe to a problem and a general increase in HP/bands of wire? Just my thoughts - I am still learning.

kgsc 08-06-2013 08:36 AM

Anything is possible but I think what scottyb is saying is don't expect that kind of increase. The "norm" is like 20% better than what you had..

arcedout 08-06-2013 09:00 AM

I have the Rattle Snake 2 and I'm liking it so far,getting 32-33 mph on flat pavement.... I kinda jumped the gun and was warned about this but with this being a high rpm motor my 26" tires is killing the torque, but it's not as bad as 1 mite think it would be... I still run some aggressive trails that have some big hills and it does great I even have to stay out of the throttle unless Im feeling like slinging a little earth, but where it's lacking is crossing a dry ditch or trying to start from stop on a 4" step up ( a steep short hill) but even the steep hills on trails dont hurt me much as long as I already have the cart rolling when approaching them. Kinda thinking about regearing the rear end

OliverMollyStanley 11-06-2013 10:50 PM

What is the Rattlesnake? I do not see it on their website.
Looking upgrade speed on a PQ08 without changing controllers. Trying to hit 26-29mph. The Bandit looks like it might hit 24-25. Can I use this motor with the PQ08?
:thumbup:

ragtop409 12-16-2013 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got my Bandit today. Hope to get it in tomorrow. Super friendly guys there at Plum Quick with a great turn around time. I took it to the local UPS store on saturday the said ground would pick it up monday and its back today. Looks sharp, love the paint job, stickers, and the handle. Will post speeds this weekend. :mrgreen:

monepit 12-16-2013 11:40 PM

You'll love it.

Rics68 12-17-2013 12:30 AM

Looking good! Keep us posted, I'm looking to up grade to a PQ motor

Blackonblackcc 12-17-2013 11:43 AM

Mine should be here with in the next couple days looking forward to the install. If everything goes well ill be doing my other cart soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk