Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   2020 RXV Elite lithium brake on running out of ideas (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178410)

tedstephens 08-10-2021 06:02 PM

2020 RXV Elite lithium brake on running out of ideas

I bought this cart not running, guy said he was running along and brake locked up. The motor brake was off to move it around.
From reading on this fourm of previous posters I have to admit I’ve been a part replacer. Battery pack voltage 56v at and across the solenoid and at the three cables to the bottom of the controller. Turn the key on makes clicking of solenoid closing in reverse buzzer sounds. Plug in charger light comes on solid green when charger pluged in.

The first thing replaced motor brake
Solenoid
Ignition switch
Position sensor and plunger switch at throttle
Plunger switch at brake moved old position sensor from throttle to brake position
Tightened all connections pushed all connectors together

My next question is the controller bad what do you experts think, thanks for reading.

tedstephens 08-12-2021 06:12 PM

Re: 2020 RXV Elite lithium brake on running out of ideas

I removed the controller and found one of the chips blew apart close to the terminal ground
Looking for a new controller I found a site cloud electric.com they sell Curtis controllers mine is a model 1206AC-5241
I sent them an email my exact model number above isn’t listed on there page can’t match the last two numbers maybe it’s an ezgo reference number there price is $441
Waiting on there reply, I could be in business yet.

usgicollector 08-13-2021 04:28 AM

The company your looking at sales rebuilt controllers not new ones. At that price you can just about buy a new controller if you look around. Most members here don't recommend buying a rebuilt controller. Send me a pm I might be able to help.

TheCartBoy 08-14-2021 05:11 PM

Is it still under warranty?

tedstephens 08-14-2021 10:17 PM

No warranty, I bought it as is off Craig’s list the price was right! once I get it running adding street legal light kit,rear seat, 12” wheels and 20” street tires wheel flares. Body is silver, paint the tan top black and add some nice seats.

tedstephens 08-18-2021 06:46 PM

I want to thank member usgicollector for helping me out with my problems. Not only was the controller shot when they replaced the bad one or installed this one on the cart they wired it wrong so I took pictures and held the multi terminal wires together with wire ties. I sent a photo to Jeff and he straightened out my resistor wire to the positive location and cart runs great. Now I need to have the controller software changed to run faster than probably 14mph. The cart accelerates quickly up hill until it reaches the programmed slow speed. Has a lot of power just no top end.
Thanks again Jeff for troubleshooting my cart.

usgicollector 08-18-2021 06:54 PM

Glad to help you out Ted. We'll work on the speed whenever you want to. :thumbup: