Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Clone Engine Swaps (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   ZONGSHEN 625CC engine (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=137935)

David Maner 12-27-2017 10:14 PM

ZONGSHEN 625CC engine

http://www.zongshenpower.com/upload/...4/PH13500E.pdf

here is a link to a manual for a generator that uses the 625cc engine that Vegas Carts is selling. Its mostly a users manual for the generator but it contains some helpful information on this mystery engine.

It has a Low oil sensor
It holds 1.4 liter oil which is 49.27305 oz

Hope to one day put this engine in my CC DS in place of the 460 I have in it now.

Its taken me hours to find any information on this engine. It was tough but I persisted :-)

Rooster59 12-27-2017 11:19 PM

Re: ZONGSHEN 625CC engine

Thanks David. Just tonight I was wondering how to find any information at all on the engine. Info is scarce right now.

With the dipstick in the cylinder end of the block a low oil level or tilted engine could certainly trigger the shutdown. Especially if the engine is tilted down at the cylinder end.

Good find David.

David Maner 12-27-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster59 (Post 1462940)
Thanks David. Just tonight I was wondering how to find any information at all on the engine. Info is scarce right now.

I've been searching ever since they put this engine out there trying to find any info on it. Finally stumbled on this tonight.

I'm looking for the same for the 460 and have been for a while but to no avail. There are others selling the 460 engine in various stages of race ready but I can't find the manufactures information on the engine yet. I'll keep looking though

Knowledge is good

Rooster59 12-28-2017 04:06 AM

We still don't know much though. The Zongshen generator model 12000 shows the engine model 2V78... which is a Lifan V-twin engine model number.

Shepard 12-28-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Maner (Post 1462942)
I've been searching ever since they put this engine out there trying to find any info on it. Finally stumbled on this tonight.

I'm looking for the same for the 460 and have been for a while but to no avail. There are others selling the 460 engine in various stages of race ready but I can't find the manufactures information on the engine yet. I'll keep looking though

Knowledge is good

The 460 is a built from parts engine. This is why you can buy the block from several different suppliers. It may have started as something different but watch some of Vegas Carts videos and you'll see some guys building 460's from parts. The 460 is a EPA non-compliant engine. It doesn't have a sealed carburetor.

David Maner 12-28-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepard (Post 1462966)
The 460 is a built from parts engine. This is why you can buy the block from several different suppliers. It may have started as something different but watch some of Vegas Carts videos and you'll see some guys building 460's from parts. The 460 is a EPA non-compliant engine. It doesn't have a sealed carburetor.

There is no doubt that VC has their fingerprints all though their 460 engine and thats one of the reasons I may never switch to one of these 625 engines.
I'm thinking at some point this 625 will be sold as a built engine with billet rods, torque or rpm cams, the whole works also. All I know for sure is VC sells some awesome products and I will continue to be a supporter of theirs over any of the other suppliers. My engine hasn't as much as hiccuped yet. Get on, turn the switch on, pull the choke, hit the gas pedal and by the time I'd think maybe I'll hear it turn over its running, first compression stroke. Sweet engine.

I wish I could watch some of their videos but so far all I've found are the ones where they're racing the carts outside of their manufacturing plant. I don't/won't do facebook

I'm an old man with COPD who loves hunting for edible mushrooms, the fun kind back in my day but thats a topic for another story. If my cart goes down on me on some of my jaunts it very well may be a death sentence for me due to my health. No Cell phone service in most of that area to make matters even worse. I'm 100% sure if my cart lays down on me it won't be the engine. Something I wasn't so sure about with the old flathead engine I took out. With this 460 if either my brother or myself has an issue and need to get our azzes back we can do it in a right now hurry

Rooster59 12-28-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Maner (Post 1462924)
http://www.zongshenpower.com/upload/...4/PH13500E.pdf

here is a link to a manual for a generator that uses the 625cc engine that Vegas Carts is selling. Its mostly a users manual for the generator but it contains some helpful information on this mystery engine.

It has a Low oil sensor
It holds 1.4 liter oil which is 49.27305 oz

Hope to one day put this engine in my CC DS in place of the 460 I have in it now.

Its taken me hours to find any information on this engine. It was tough but I persisted :-)

Can't remember who on here with a new 625 is having trouble with the engine cutting out/off but I remember they did say the engine is canted in the mount. The low oil sensor could very well be the culprit. Hopefully they will find this thread and act accordingly.

Rooster59 12-28-2017 10:07 AM

I think this is the engine sales and spec page we are looking for.....

http://zongshenpower.com/index/show/7/127.html

Now to find a parts breakdown and listing. Like oil filters and such.

Shepard 12-28-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Maner (Post 1462972)
There is no doubt that VC has their fingerprints all though their 460 engine and thats one of the reasons I may never switch to one of these 625 engines.
I'm thinking at some point this 625 will be sold as a built engine with billet rods, torque or rpm cams, the whole works also. All I know for sure is VC sells some awesome products and I will continue to be a supporter of theirs over any of the other suppliers. My engine hasn't as much as hiccuped yet. Get on, turn the switch on, pull the choke, hit the gas pedal and by the time I'd think maybe I'll hear it turn over its running, first compression stroke. Sweet engine.

I wish I could watch some of their videos but so far all I've found are the ones where they're racing the carts outside of their manufacturing plant. I don't/won't do facebook

I'm an old man with COPD who loves hunting for edible mushrooms, the fun kind back in my day but thats a topic for another story. If my cart goes down on me on some of my jaunts it very well may be a death sentence for me due to my health. No Cell phone service in most of that area to make matters even worse. I'm 100% sure if my cart lays down on me it won't be the engine. Something I wasn't so sure about with the old flathead engine I took out. With this 460 if either my brother or myself has an issue and need to get our azzes back we can do it in a right now hurry

But Dave -- I like the fun kind. :| :wink: :shock: :lol: :lhmo: 8)

David Maner 12-28-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepard (Post 1463030)
But Dave -- I like the fun kind. :| :wink: :shock: :lol: :lhmo: 8)

I just knew we were kindred spirits LOL

between this link of yours and the one I posted it gives us a much better idea of what this new engine is all about. I really think it will be a popular engine.

Just got back from the woods with a nice mess of Oyster mushrooms for my efforts. It was 26 degrees when I left and it has climbed all the way up to freezing now. One thing about these mushrooms is they freeze with out affecting their molecular structure. Once thawed out you can't tell them from fresh ones that have not been frozen. Hmmm Hmmmm good eating

ETA: Mybad I thought you had posted this other link but I see it was Rooster59. My apologies and thanks a bunch Rooster if and when you read this