Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   $2k amazon gift card- any decent lithium options? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=182704)

dszklarek 03-03-2022 09:38 AM

$2k amazon gift card- any decent lithium options?

Obviously not a site sponsor, but I have $2k in gift cards at amazon and want to use them to set my 1996 48v club car with lithium. Is there a best available on there?

Pat911 03-03-2022 03:06 PM

Re: $2k amazon gift card- any decent lithium options?

No recommendation on what to buy, just what NOT to buy. Do not buy 4 x 12v lithium batteries. Purchase only 48v batteries for use in a 48v cart.

Volt_Ampere 03-03-2022 03:59 PM

I would only go with the brands that are discussed here in the forum. I don't know what is available through Amazon if anything.

Tom47 03-03-2022 04:54 PM

I don't think you will find any 48 volt golf cart batteries on Amazon. They do have 48 volt batteries designed for solar systems and off grid applications. The max discharge amp outputs on these are much lower than you need for a golf cart unless the cart is for your grandma.:roll:

Seriously, buy something in the way of accessories for your cart with the gift cards or trade them for cash.

Then purchase a reliable, drop-in 48 volt battery kit that includes the charger, SOC meter and shunt, etc., from a site sponsor. You'll be glad you did.:thumbup:

CP241 03-03-2022 08:27 PM

You can get an AC conversion for $2k or less on Amazon :mrgreen:

Tom47 03-03-2022 08:58 PM

That's not a bad idea!:-P

dszklarek 03-04-2022 08:31 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. I see some 48v packs, but did not know the difference from golf and other apps.

Thanks for mentioning the no 4 12v, that was a consideration I had.

I dont have the cash other than cards, so would have to sell and hate to take a hit, but will look into it.

Thank you

MyCousinVinnie 04-07-2022 03:26 PM

I have a Nissan Leaf Lithium Pack 14S2P, Chargery BMS, and Chargery Charger I would sell you for that, assuming that I could verify the validity of said cards somehow.

I'll even throw in the current shunt, etc. needed for the BMS.

Bama Brad 04-07-2022 03:45 PM

I see nothing on Amazon that I would buy, sorry.

SuadAnny 12-08-2022 11:25 AM

It's fantastic that you have such a gift card. All I can say is that you can buy only 48v batteries in a 48v cart. Amazon gift cards are certificates with a unique digital code. Entering it into a personal account opened in the store allows you to get an amount equal to the card's value into your account. Using promo codes, widely offered on this shopping site, will help you save additional money and get specific amounts of $10 or more as a gift. Such a gift card can be given to a friend along with gift baskets. He will definitely like this kind of thing.