Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   boat vs. cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=14605)

moped 03-31-2009 12:27 AM

boat vs. cart

allright heres the deal. a guy at work mouthed off about his boat. i in turn mouthed off about my cart. the quandry is will a bass tracker boat with a 70hp motor (sitting in the water) out pull a 96 ds with stock engine (290)sitting on shore? my answer is no because with me in it it probably weighs around 1000 to 1500 pounds just guessing. the boat has no traction. just thrust. my cart has 22 inch carlisle 489's on it with full roll cage. so the boat would have to be pulling alot of weight. my cart would just be pulling against the thrust of his little prop. so what do you all think? i thought you guys would surly start some kind of argument with this profound question. lol

dirtysouth 03-31-2009 12:42 AM

Re: boat vs. cart

Quote:

Originally Posted by moped (Post 169374)
allright heres the deal. a guy at work mouthed off about his boat. i in turn mouthed off about my cart. the quandry is will a bass tracker boat with a 70hp motor (sitting in the water) out pull a 96 ds with stock engine (290)sitting on shore? my answer is no because with me in it it probably weighs around 1000 to 1500 pounds just guessing. the boat has no traction. just thrust. my cart has 22 inch carlisle 489's on it with full roll cage. so the boat would have to be pulling alot of weight. my cart would just be pulling against the thrust of his little prop. so what do you all think? i thought you guys would surly start some kind of argument with this profound question. lol

I'm in!!! I'm goin' with the cart...:thumbup:

essness 03-31-2009 05:45 AM

I say the cart gets wet:thumbup:

gornoman 03-31-2009 06:23 AM

Wear your swimsuit!

NO CONTEST. The boat will drag your cart across the lake.

scottyb 03-31-2009 06:32 AM

THrust put men on the moon :mrgreen:

CC-John 03-31-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornoman (Post 169405)
Wear your swimsuit!

NO CONTEST. The boat will drag your cart across the lake.

DITTO!!

As the ownwer of three boats of various sizes/horsepowers.... The cart is goin for a swim!!!:thumbup:

essness 03-31-2009 06:54 AM

I think we need a video.
I'm re-thinking my answer:oops: and a live test is the only thing that will convince me.
Moped, you need to hook up and run video! Lets settle it once and for all:lhmo:

gornoman 03-31-2009 06:56 AM

If a Yamaha 1200cc WaveRunner (jet drive, no prop) can get my fat azz up on 1 ski, that boat can probably get up on plane towing the cart. LOL!

gornoman 03-31-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essness (Post 169419)
I think we need a video.
I'm re-thinking my answer:oops: and a live test is the only thing that will convince me.
Moped, you need to hook up and run video! Lets settle it once and for all:lhmo:

Moped's Club Car probably needs a good wash!

CC-John 03-31-2009 07:03 AM

Hell, just strap a sheet of plywood to the bottom of the cart, and hope like hell it will plane when it gets yanked off of the dock!!! :thumbup: :lhmo::lhmo: