Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What kind of cargo bed is this? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158075)

CP241 10-16-2019 04:46 PM

What kind of cargo bed is this?

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone have any idea who makes this cargo bed/rack or what kind it is? I took this off of a cart I bought at auction and took it off that cart, installed it on my other DS. I love it, its huge and really strong. and I have had 2 or 3 people ask me now where I got it from.

LukeL 10-16-2019 04:47 PM

Re: What kind of cargo bed

You don’t think it’s homemade?

CP241 10-16-2019 04:49 PM

Re: What kind of cargo bed

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeL (Post 1661664)
You don’t think it’s homemade?

No. Cart came from a university, and belonged to the city of Gainesville. FL before that (found the asset tag today under a layer of sludge lol). Plus the welds and everything are too nice for it to be homemade. Most are perfect except for a few that may have been repairs, who knows what ita been through lol

LukeL 10-16-2019 04:57 PM

Re: What kind of cargo bed is this?

Funny that it’s cut out for the seat back supports. Most kits replace those.

CP241 10-16-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeL (Post 1661675)
Funny that it’s cut out for the seat back supports. Most kits replace those.

It actually mounts to them perfectly. With a cutout to access the engine. Really a nice design

Fairtax4me 10-16-2019 06:28 PM

That's awesome!
Never seen one that fits around the seat brackets like that.
If it is home-made, it was done by somebody with some serious skills and some good welding and cutting tools.

CP241 10-16-2019 07:11 PM

Yeah, I've never seen one like it. Ita SUPER heavy duty and strong. Light too. To me, most of the welds look robotic. If it was home brew, someone spent a LOT of time and effort making it perfect. But I really think it was bought I just have no idea where. Google is no help lol

dundeebarnbuggy 10-16-2019 07:36 PM

My vote is homemade. The welds are really not that hard to do, but the real clue is where the expanded mesh is cut. A factory would not cut the mesh leaving sharp points at the edge like the front of the floor is done, rather they would shear it where the "Os" meet.:thumbup:

swb713 10-16-2019 09:51 PM

My opinion is it is a homemade box as well.
Look at the expanded metal on the bottom, up by the notch out for the seat brackets. It's not cut straight.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mooncarter 10-16-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy (Post 1661717)
My vote is homemade. The welds are really not that hard to do, but the real clue is where the expanded mesh is cut. A factory would not cut the mesh leaving sharp points at the edge like the front of the floor is done, rather they would shear it where the "Os" meet.:thumbup:

My vote is for homemade too. I have never seen one like it. Probably in a shop at the university by somebody who is really good at what he does. :thumbup: