Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   93 clubcar carryall diffrent clutch (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49599)

clubcar93 06-13-2011 05:17 PM

93 clubcar carryall diffrent clutch

i was wondering whats the difference between a 93 drive clutch and a 04 drive clutch

lockman1 06-13-2011 05:30 PM

Re: 93 clubcar carryall diffrent clutch

The rotation!

93 is counter-clockwise
04 is clockwise

:wink:

ckiguy 06-13-2011 06:08 PM

soo does this mean it will work? i bet if he puts it in reverse it will work! ha! ha! ha!
after all i heard on the internet thingy the other day thtas allyyou had to do!

clubcar93 06-13-2011 06:50 PM

I ment the rear clutch where the transmission is. My golfcart is a 93 and I changed the driving clutch from 04 when I went up hill the belt was slipping off so I was woundering why it was doing that but know I got it fixed it was just the belt it was greasy

clubcar93 06-13-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman1 (Post 578439)
The rotation!

93 is counter-clockwise
04 is clockwise

The clutch that is closser to the transmission

lockman1 06-13-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clubcar93 (Post 578502)
The clutch that is closser to the transmission

In that case, it would be the "Driven" clutch!
and it's to my understanding, there still is a difference of rotation even for driven clutches!

clubcar93 06-13-2011 10:02 PM

Right now it works fine. So I guess I don't have to worry about it. Because if it was really different it might not drive at all?? Thanks for all the replies.

4vertical 06-14-2011 05:16 AM

lockman is correct, as usual. it is the rotation. the springs are wound different when stock. on is clockwise, while the other is counterclockwise. they also look different while preloaded as they turn different directions. Now if you have a torque spring in there, or the little tabs have broken off the spring, they will work just fine either direction.

clubcar93 06-14-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4vertical (Post 578636)
lockman is correct, as usual. it is the rotation. the springs are wound different when stock. on is clockwise, while the other is counterclockwise. they also look different while preloaded as they turn different directions. Now if you have a torque spring in there, or the little tabs have broken off the spring, they will work just fine either direction.

Thats weird because it drives fine like before with the old one. If anything i can get a new torque spring and probable take it apart and flip the little tabs to go on the other side. The belt slipped one time when i was going up a hill.. but thats because i sprayed some grease on the drive clutch accidentally. Probably need a new belt too since it hasnt been replaced since who knows when.