Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Another Lithium Question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=183450)

Eaglesong 04-05-2022 09:27 AM

Another Lithium Question

So I have an EZGO Shuttle with a 600a Navitas and 5kw Navitas motor in it as well. I'm trying to pick the right battery I want to use in it. I've already decided on going with a BigBattery brand unless there's some other major suggestion, I just like their warranty and setup.

That stuff aside, I'm debating between the 72v setup or the Husky 48v or 3 of the Eagle Batteries 48v

I would like it to go FAST since I can adjust the speed in the controller.

However, if I go with the 72v setup, the max amps is much lower than with a 48v one like with multiple Eagle Batteries.

Which is better for speed, amps or voltage. With some research, it looked like it didn't matter with an AC motor but that could be wrong, seems wrong.

westcc1828 04-07-2022 07:17 AM

Re: Another Lithium Question

Roypow s72105p is an excellent choice. I just installed mine and love it. High 40s top speed

nnmsgst 07-10-2023 01:06 PM

Did you just drop the lithium right in as a replacement for the traditional batteries?

Pat911 07-10-2023 05:57 PM

Pretty much. You’ll also need a lithium charger.

jasonojordan 07-11-2023 08:08 AM

Higher voltage=higher speed in this case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesong (Post 1883342)
So I have an EZGO Shuttle with a 600a Navitas and 5kw Navitas motor in it as well. I'm trying to pick the right battery I want to use in it. I've already decided on going with a BigBattery brand unless there's some other major suggestion, I just like their warranty and setup.

That stuff aside, I'm debating between the 72v setup or the Husky 48v or 3 of the Eagle Batteries 48v

I would like it to go FAST since I can adjust the speed in the controller.

However, if I go with the 72v setup, the max amps is much lower than with a 48v one like with multiple Eagle Batteries.

Which is better for speed, amps or voltage. With some research, it looked like it didn't matter with an AC motor but that could be wrong, seems wrong.

Pat911 07-11-2023 11:19 AM

I don’t think so in this case. The Navitas 600A 5KW kit is AC. Higher voltage just means lower current draw from the battery with an AC drive. It would be the case with a DC drive system though.

jasonojordan 07-11-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat911 (Post 1947648)
I don’t think so in this case. The Navitas 600A 5KW kit is AC. Higher voltage just means lower current draw from the battery with an AC drive. It would be the case with a DC drive system though.

Good call pat I missed that he had an AC conversion.