Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   94 club car gas fuel pump problems (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=6120)

peanutscart 07-03-2008 03:15 PM

94 club car gas fuel pump problems

I bought a fuel pump rebuild kit and installed but now the cart will not pump fuel. Does anybody have a diagram to show me to make sure i have everything right, i though i put back it back like it was but i guess not.
My initial problem was i was getting gas in the oil so after cleaning the carb several time without any success i bought a float needle kit and a fuel pump diaphram kit but now im not getting any gas.( I guess i took care of the gas in the oil problem).

the cart is a 1994 club car gas

sickcraft 04-13-2009 01:17 AM

Re: 94 club car gas fuel pump problems

Please let me know if you get a response to this. I am suffering the same initial problem. I have cleaned the carb, fuel pump and new fuel lines with no luck. I was just getting ready to buy the fuel pump rebuild kit.

The carburetor rebuild kit did include the float needle so where did you buy this kit from?

dirtysouth 04-13-2009 01:25 AM

Welcome peanut...:thumbup:

pappamike 04-13-2009 09:06 PM

You can buy parts from Buggies are Us, thats where I got my catalog.

crash12888 04-15-2009 10:27 PM

Please check with the site sponsors when shopping for parts.
Maybe the dollar you saved would have been the dollar it cost to include an INSTRUCTIONS SHEET!!

just say'in...........

kippy11663 06-12-2009 09:55 PM

I'm also having the same problem. I drained the gassy oil out and filled back up with all new oil. my cart ran fine all day and then started dying on me. I checked the oil again and found that it was saturated with gas again. I was about to tear the whole engine down when I noticed the fuel line that runs from the pump to the crank case, is my problem the fuel pump?

TOMEZGO 08-01-2010 10:56 AM

Hi did you ever figer this out i have the same problem .im thinking its the fuel pump leaking into the crank case thanks tom

ph2ocraft 08-01-2010 11:17 AM

New fuel pumps are only 30 bucks.
I find older pumps in PWC, quads etc never deliver a consistent or sometimes even the proper fuel pressure after a rebuild. Wether it be due to inferior aftermarket kit(s) or wear in the pump body (due to water intrusion etc) it usually just isn't worth the trouble...especially if you have to do it again.

I like to replace the pulse line while replaceing or rebuilding the fuel pump as small cracks in the line will allow it to draw air and the pump will not operate at capacity.

My pennies worth.