Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   1990 3pg (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165031)

NYOZ 06-09-2020 08:04 AM

1990 3pg

Looking for opinions...

I have the chance to buy a 1990 Marathon for $800. Here is the ad:

"1990 Ez go for sale. The golf cart runs when carb cleaner is sprayed in carb. Battery is two years old and needs a charge the golf cart comes with new tires and new electric fuel pump. If your handy you can get this cart running. We used it last season. I don’t have the time to to work on it."

The fact that there is an electric fuel pump makes me believe that crankseals are shot and they put it in because they could not get vacuum for the fuel pump.
I am going to pull the motor and do a rebuild anyway , as I do not know how it was maintained.

Is it worth the money?? What else should I look for, that would prevent it from running?

Thanks Folk!!

Dabble Inn 06-09-2020 11:58 AM

Re: 1990 3pg

Just my opinion of course;

In my area (which is important for pricing) $800 would be top dollar and only if it was in good condition inside and out, for one that might look good but need a rebuild would be less than half that. Yours may or may not need a rebuild but you're probably on the right track with why the electric fuel pump. Got any pics? Good Luck and I hope you save the ole gal

newtjl 06-09-2020 01:18 PM

That would be a deal I would take if it was close to me. People around here tend to think too much of their carts and would ask 1200 or better for something similar. So it all depends on your area. I agree about the seals. They arent much trouble to change. Also make sure that they havent modified other things like ignition etc to make it "better". When I buy a used cart to fix up and flip, I can easily deal with repairing worn parts. Repairing other peoples handiwork is my main concern and can quickly turn it into a money pit. People will do all sorts of things to these like change the ignition so it starts like a car and idles, install crappy lift kits, install components that draw down the electrical system, incorrect engines or other parts. The good thing about them, if they are still pretty stock, is that they are very simple and the parts are still readily available for the most part. I enjoy just getting them going.

NYOZ 06-11-2020 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!! In my area similar to newjtl, that price is a very good deal .

I enjoy tinkering with them as well . All good advice!!

I will still try to haggle. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks..