Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   starting problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=55657)

dale38 10-13-2011 12:35 PM

starting problem

Have 1992 club car sometimes you have to push pedal several times before the starter will turn over. someone had me to cross the solenoid to see if it would start then and it does everytime . so i replaced the solenoid and it does same thing still wont start unless you cross the post. Thanks for your help.

tykuhn 10-13-2011 01:01 PM

Re: starting problem

Sounds like you have a dirty micro switch...maybe the one on the gas pedal. Get out the meter and see if you have continuity from the key switch to the micro switch and then see if you have continuity on the other side of the switch when the gas pedal is depressed.

dale38 10-13-2011 08:37 PM

had one that show continuity. and another didnt have. i wont be able to pick the part up till tommorrow. if i can find a place.

shadowman 10-14-2011 07:50 AM

yes try replacing that micro switch....................................8)

dale38 10-24-2011 06:28 PM

Thanks For the help . It was the micro switches, but it was the ones on the gear selector's for forward ,neutral ,and reverse. got them replaced now every time you hit the pedal it starts up.

dale38 10-24-2011 06:29 PM

sorry it tookme so long, been having some medical problems been trying to get over.

dale38 10-26-2011 11:06 AM

I replaced the micro switches , and i thought that was it. started right up a few times . Now just mostly you can hear the solnoid click and the microswitches. if you hit the pedal long enough you will get a start from time to time. Does anyone have any more thoughts on this. Thank You Again for all your help.

1992 ClubCar

tykuhn 10-26-2011 11:51 AM

You've got a ground problem. Check the main ground cable...rather, take it off the frame and scrape the frame with a wire wheel where it connects. Same with the cable that attaches to the frame. I'm betting this is your problem.

Good luck!

dale38 10-26-2011 04:38 PM

I took off frame and battery cleaned the frame and cable connections ,but still having trouble.

ckiguy 10-26-2011 05:43 PM

dale check the frame to battery groud. also check the wire and see iff the wire isnt seperating from the insulation, good sighn the wire is bad, but it looks good, rotting from inside out. you can also run a ohms test from engine to ground on battery and frame to battery, will tell you if yiou have any ground issues too. just check all grounds, even the ones from the wire harness to the frame around the seat area. and behind the key.