View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #60
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
So the program fires up but it doesn't seem to be communicating with the cart. The green light inside of the transparent blue CANUSB unit quickly flashes when it's plugged but then goes off. I only copied the .dll file mentioned in the post. Was I supposed to copy the .lib file as well? Any suggestions?
It's likely the CANUSB drivers did not automatically download from windows and you can just manually install them yourself.

On Windows 10, with the CANBUS plugged into your computer, open the start menu and search "device manager", and you will likely see a section in the middle called "Other devices" and it will probably be the CANUSB thing.

That DLL you moved from that folder ALSO contains drivers for the CANUSB (in addition to the DLL). We will install those drivers, so make sure you have that file/folder downloaded.

These next steps are tricky, so make sure you don't get down the wrong decision tree. It's also semi-from-memory so you may have a slightly different option to choose.
  1. Right click on it, click Update driver
  2. Choose "Browse my computer for drivres"
  3. Choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers...
  4. Choose "Have Disk"
  5. Choose Browse
  6. Select the folder/file (*.inf file) of the drivers you downloaded and click "ok"
  7. This will probably say the driver is signed and have a little row there loaded of the driver and you click "finish" or something.
  8. NOW your CANUSB thing should have a slightly different color light pattern and the software will recognize the cart (with the key on).
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote