View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS solenoid wont click cart stalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboyd20111 View Post
So if im reading your post correctlly the side with the blue wire should read zero when the pedal is applied??? Anyway, the run/tow switch acts like a reset because when the cart moves 10 feet then acts like the motor quits, I can push the toggle switch to tow, wait 30 seconds, switch it to run and then I get another 10 feet. I can repeat this process over and over.
I think you are getting some movement from the cart when you press the pedal because there is a pre charge 250 ohm resistor connected across the solenoid contacts (and I bet it gets real hot if you hold pedal down after cart stops). You may have noticed it when you replaced the solenoid. It is charging all those capacitors in the controller and they have enough stored energy to lurch forward. The purpose of this resistor is to prevent sparking of the solenoid contacts. When you bypassed the solenoid if it wasn't there you would have got a big spark that would have got your attention. That is the only thing I can think of why the cart would move like this. It looks like everything is in order except negative to the blue wire from the controller and batteries need charging. That is about all I know about this. When you jumpered the contacts did the cart move normally when pedal was depressed?
Maybe JohnnieB or some others can add to this.

I check back tomorrow.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote