View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Dryseals
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to this cart stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozara View Post
I have a farm (flat river bottom for the most part) and want to make a buggy for hunting. I've been lurking for awhile to try and learn what I need to do to a stock electric cart and am ready to get serious. I've found a 48V (1-year old batteries), 2003 Yamaha that the guy wants $2400 for. I know I want to raise it, put bigger wheels/tires, and put in a speed chip (?), as well as a flip back seat. I'm no mechanic, electricity scares me, but I'm reasonably smart...can I do this myself? Can I be "all in" for under $4,000? Thanks in advance.
If you are willing to drop four grand, then you can probably get one that has all the goodies you want with out going through the learning curve.

But if it's a desire to build one your self, then get after it. But having owned a Yamaha and really going over the suspension in it, I think I would be more prone to different manufacturer. Theres pluses and minuses to each. The Yamaha is probably a better design, but for the mods you want, I would lean more towards a cheaper design.

Take a look around at the lift kits they offer for the different carts and you can see more or less how the suspension design is.
Dryseals is offline   Reply With Quote