View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #14
desertman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Headlights for 2001 48V Club Car DS

I tried to get new bulbs for my old headlights, but so far I have not been successful.

On the contrary, when I went to O'Reilly the salesperson destroyed one old, still working bulb. To make up for it he gave me a set of halogen truck lights which I might indeed mount to the bumper of the golf car and use instead of the original lights.

However, when I connected one of the new lights to the wires from the old light it came on only very, very dim (and the voltage coming out of the wires is, after installing the reducer, 12.10 volt).

When I connect the new light directly to the reducer (for 12 volt) or directly to two batteries (for 16 volt) the light comes on nice and bright (and, of course, brighter with 16 volt).

That is a bad surprise. Apparently I'm loosing a lot of power in the wires from the reducer (or two batteries) to the front - and without that my old lights would have been probably good enough for me.

There is enough voltage on the wires in the front - but not enough what? How can I fix that? Possibly by just trying new wires? What kind of wires would be best?

Thanks for more tips!

desertman
desertman is offline   Reply With Quote