View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
gscs85
Not Yet Wild

Question 88 Gas 2PG wont stay running

Hey everyone, First time using this site but so far am very impressed with all I see. I recently purchased an 88 EZGO Gas cart that had a questionable engine. My son and I used it as a project and have rebuilt almost everything. Now that I have figured out all of my electrical problems, I cannot get the engine to stay running. I have cleaned out the carburator at least six times and have not found any problems with it. The air filter is clean, I have good spark, and good compression. When I attempt to start it I have to use the choke to get an initial fire. I have to hold the choke half way open and the engine will rev up and then die. There are no restrictions in the fuel line and the fuel pump is working well. Could this be a timing issue?? I thought after twenty five years of being a Gas Turbine mechanic that this would be easy but right now it is kicking my butt!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I know everything points to a fuel delivery problem, but can tell you with certainty that it is getting fuel.

Thanks Rich
gscs85 is offline   Reply With Quote