View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #9
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OBC self Diagnostic program

Tahoe and Sergio the depth of knowledge you have is impressive, thanks for helping all us shade tree sparkeys.

The suppression diode seems to be bad OL both direction and no continuity both directions. I even cut the shrink tube off to expose the diode. to be sure. I guess we should check that diode once in a while to be sure it is ok.
Can I replace the diode with 10k 1 watt resistor like is used in the interlock explained in the obc bypass sticky?

I unplugged the charger yesterday when I had to leave. Voltage had gone up to 57.7 volts then 2 1/2 hours later it had dropped to 57.5 and was still at 57.5 an 1 1/2 hours later when I unplugged it. So Four hours at 57.5 volts Amp meter was at 5 amps with no change. Took the cart out and drove it up our street a pretty good hill voltage droped 7.2 volts driving up the hill. This morning the voltage reads 50 volts. The battery pack is US Battery date stamp K2X a little old. I think I'll take th grand kids for a ride in it and see how long the pack lasts before the voltage drops below 50%.

Another piece of information, the pack was dead the first time I looked at it at the owners house, yep another neighbor, life on the golf course. Problem was the GFI tripped so no power to the charger. Reset the GFI pack charged up. They started using the cart. They called me back a day later and said the cart is dead. I'm guessing that's when it blew the sense wire fuse. I charged the pack with an old charger I have with the relay bypassed I unplugged it at 58.6 volts and drove it to my house.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote