View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is this? MS? Volt Reducer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by branman1971 View Post
That diagram matches very closely, but my setup has 2 microswitches on the F/R assembly, so I went with this one attached.
Your buggy basically has two circuits, one is low current and has small wires and has micro-switches, key switch, a backup buzzer, and the solenoid. Its job is to close the solenoid, which allows the high current circuit to do its thing.

The high current circuit has thicker cables, FNR, solenoid, accelerator switch, resistors, and motor.

Looking at that diagram, Battery positive goes to one side of the solenoid high current terminals, then to the Common of MS-3. NC of MS-3 then goes to the low current side of the solenoid. The other low current side of the solenoid then goes to Normally Closed on MS-2, then on to the key switch. It also goes through MS-1 to a box labeled "B" for beeper, buzzer (?), then on to the NO of MS-3.

Let's ignore the Buzzer/Beeper for now. That wire should NOT bypass the buzzer, but should remain disconnected.

As I understand it, MS-3 is open when the pedal is up, then closes for the other pedal positions.

Check wiring again, and maybe tear apart the accelerator switch and see the condition of the contacts. Clean if needed.

Also, which wires were getting hot? The thicker high current cables or the smaller ones?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote