View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Psevins
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wiring in a relay to activate separate circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The relay/solenoid used in the above mentioned scenario could be 12vdc rated and powered from the dedicated accessory battery itself. No need for a more expensive 36v unit. Keep in mind there is no voltage on that second circuit inside the 3-position keyswitch unless YOU send it there. It is segregated from the 36v cart control circuit completely.
After I reread what you wrote that makes perfect sense. I"ll open up the switch next chance I get to take a look at it. Locally the 36v relay was $60...pricey I thought for a relay but such is life. I poked around the wiring today and discovered that the 6 lights on the cart are currently controlled by 2 switches (one original pull style, and one add on toggle) When I start working on it I plan on running the lights off one switch (4 front lights and 2 rear lights). Front ones will be LED when i'm all done.

Also found that the front lights have been grounded to the brush guard! I disconnected that little detail today. Not sure what it does but Ive read thats a big no no.

Thanks for the info!
Psevins is offline   Reply With Quote