View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: It's alive!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Well I took my staples cable back and got my money. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up one of their cables. I got back to the computer uninstalled the driver i got from Alltrax and installed the driver that came with the the new cable. I rebooted the pc, plugged in the cable and it instally recognized it and loaded everything up. I plugged it into my controller, then powered up the controller. Once the controller was powered up, I opened the program and it said "Cannot Locate Motor Controller." Thats when I was already headed towards a box and some packaging material and tape, to ship the damm thing off to Scotty.

I then decided to try one more thing. I right clicked the program and chose to run as administrator. Success, it found my controller. I made my adjustments as per Scotty's original screen shots. I then called Scotty to BS with him and verify that everything was set right. Well after about 15min of BS'ing with him on the phone I hung up.

I went to my cart, hooked everything back up and made sure all my connections were tight. Once I verified everything was the way it should be I flipped the Run/Tow switch to Run. Turned the key on and put it in gear. The light flashed green signaling Ezgo ITS and then went solid green. I pressed the gas pedal lightly and the wheels went forward and slowed when I let off. I put it in reverse pressed the pedal lightly and the wheels turned backwards and slowed as I released.

I can now officially say, MY EZGO IS A RUNNER!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!

Sometimes legacy computers (DB9 RS232) work best for serial communications.

Last edited by yurtle; 11-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Bad tone
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote