View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
kellyron500
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 Club Car Carryall 1 Only Fires in Neutral

Hi all...94 CC Gas. Long story short, I took on a project cart for my boss, but not a boss/employee thing...we are both good with cars and he gave me a 03 Yamaha gas cart that I rebuilt from the ground up a few months back and my family has been enjoying it ever since, all for the price of my time and a $7 valve seal. Once I did that he mentioned he had the 94 Carryall he bought new in 94 and parked it 10 years ago because it would not run...then forgot what was wrong with it when he parked it, but could really use it out at his new house and large property with the tilt bed and all. .

I brought it home and figured I would start by pulling the engine and at least top end it, including seals and all gaskets. All went well...pulled the tank and cleaned, replaced fuel lines and filters (2 on this baby - one before and one after the fuel pump...I guess we spell redundant with two R's), pulled and tested fuses, including replacing one fried fuse with Wrigley's gum aluminum shoved in it (God, I actually love that...picture the night someone had to do that).

Funny aside; just as I was about to pull the final four mount bolts to the engine, I noticed the vacuum line from the crankcase to the fuel pump was off...part of me wondered if I had just reconnected that and thrown some fuel in the tank, would it fired up??? Regardless, this thing needed some major TLC under the seat, so I would not have stopped there.

So anyway, its all back together and runs incredible...in Neutral!!!!

In Forward and reverse the motor seems like it is getting no fire. The starter/Alternator turns, and the motor turns, but nothing. In neutral, no choke, it fires right up cold and sounds great. Put it in forward or reverse, it just turns...no fire.

It has to be electrical, right? Is there a safety circuit cut somewhere that would stop it from running in gear but not "maintenance mode"?
kellyron500 is offline   Reply With Quote