View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO TXT BigBattery HSKY, Alltrax conversion, 36-48 conversion results

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Nice comparison!

Can you shed light on the cost of the BigBattery HSKY 103 48v?

Do you have the controller turned down to 400 or do you have it set to 450? Did you run any logs to see what your max current pull is?

My controller is the 300 (350 max). I have it turned all the way up and while I've never taken a log while towing the trailer I did take logs on the flat level ground with just me in it. Pulling a wheelie took 302 amps and that was the only single datapoint I ever saw over 300 amps. I saw a lot of data points between 280 amps and 295. Just wondering what you're seeing.

Also, the easiest way to clean up the wiring is to just close the seat.....
I paid just under $2400 after 10% coupon (available from various YouTubers) for the whole kit. HSKY Battery, 20 amp charger, and a few Andersen cables that I ended up not needing.

That's about $100 less than the comparable RoyPow 105 kit from my local dealer, and BigBattery has 350 (6s) peak amp draw vs the RoyPow's 250 (3s). That was a significant factor given the addition of the Alltrax and potential future upgrades to the motor that may increase my draw.

Controller is set to 450, just as it shipped from Carts Unlimited. Have not had any issues with cutoff, but I think my motor being a factory 36v may just limit the draw. I'd be very surprised if I was hitting anything close to 400.

I don't have the bluetooth module, so I'm not sure how I could get any logging without going Need for Speed and hooking up the laptop. If I have another option I'd love to know (not familiar with Alltrax usage).

I agree on flipping the seat, but something tells me that terminals wrapped in cardboard to insulate isn't as good a solution as a terminal block lol.

Hope to have my shunt meter hooked up today for more accurate data display

My charger didn't show up on time (my fault for ordering late) so I actually managed to run the cart dead twice. Apparently if you drop below 10% SOC the BMS locks the unit down and when you charge it requires you to restart the charge after it gets back up to a base level 49v. Of course I didn't pay attention after the first recharge, so died again...
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote