View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
BigWes
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How to tell the gauge of my wires

Hi folks! 1st allow me to introduce myself. I just got my 1st golf cart, a 1996 Ezgo. It's mostly stock except a lift, larger tires and batteries that are about a year old (according to the guy I purchased from). When I bought it, I didn't really know enough to even be asking this question, but I've been searching online to learn about my cart which led me here. I've been just browsing for about a week now and have learned that I think I know enough to get myself in trouble.

Anyway, my cart will be used as a hunting buggy and running around my neighborhood. So I'm looking for more torque. I've seen many folks point people to Scotty B's website for controller and solenoid upgrades so I've been there, haven't purchased yet, but will.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade the wires. How do I tell what gauge of wire I have? They all appear to be the same size except what goes to the batteries from the charger port. Should they say on the wire insulation somewhere that I am just missing?

Thanks for any help.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote