View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #18
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New G1 Ignition Coil Ground question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
LOL, for sure on the video. That would have been a hoot.
Here is an update. I installed the cleaned original carb with the larger jet. Cleaned all old gas out of tank. put fresh gas in premixed with oil as i have no knowledge if oil pump works or not. Put new in line gas filter on. It has an electric fuel pump. I primed the fuel line till gas was coming out. Installed gas line to carb but i did not install little oil line . The throttle and choke cables are trash. i have ordered new ones.
It started and ran. It seemed very strong. I never could really get it to idle and or run exactly right but it would start easily with choke each time. I was working choke and throttle with my hand as cables are no good. I will try the new china carb when it arrives in the next day or so.
Question, it appears all works well with engine turning over and with fire. I was under the impression that when you let off the pedal it would go dead. Is that right? Mine would not go dead until i turned the key off. How is it supposed to work?
Not sure what you mean when you say it's not going dead.? The engine should stop running with pedal release, and restart via the solenoids with pedal pressed. If you're talking about spark only, then either the ignition switch OFF position, or pedal release will connect the B/W wire to chassis ground and inhibit spark.
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote