View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #13
Prazak
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2019 Onward Kohler Issues

I have a 2020 Onward LSV from a dealer in Florida, and my neighbor has a 2020 Onward LSV from another dealer in Florida. Both of us have had the same issue described on this thread. Both of us contacted our respective dealers, and both dealers arranged to have the O2 sensor replaced. That seemed to do the trick, but ironically both carts had the problem resurface within 24 hours of each other. My cart started sputtering last night and dropped speed from 25 mph to 17 mph. Engine was running hot. I called the dealer and a technician there said he thought it was a one-off with the computer, that when we switched the cart into maintenance mode to check the engine we reset the computer, and that the problem was likely resolved. He suggested I continue using the cart normally. I'm not sure I want to do that.

Then this morning my neighbor's Onward started sputtering and limped back to her house at 5 mph. I called her dealer and he also thought it must be some anomaly, since both the O2 sensor and the ECU had been changed.

These brand new carts shipped to two different dealers with defective O2 sensors, and now even after those sensors have been replaced, both carts are still exhibiting signs of the same problem. I think that's the definition of a lemon law violation, and I guess we're going to have to look into pressing Club Car to make good.

Anyone with any suggestions on what might be the technical problem, what might be the recent fix that was referenced on this thread, and whether anyone has gotten any traction with Club Car in coming up with a more permanent fix?
Prazak is offline   Reply With Quote