View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #13
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1983 G1 ignition and starter switch woes

The latest and strangest update. Far from the one i expected and i would have lost money on this one. I jumped the white wire that always shows 12 volts when pedal is pressed to the yellow wire thinking it would activate solenoid and starter. It did nothing. I thought, since i had already proven this test to work, i ran a longer wire straight to solenoid and jump it from there. I verified the jumper end had power and it did. Removed blue and yellow wire at solenoid and touched jumper to one at a time. Nothing. Tested voltage while it was touching the solenoid post and 0 voltage. It appears that when i touch the white wire jumper to the solenoid all the voltage goes away instantly. Obviously something is wrong. I placed jumper back to positive post on battery and back to solenoid as i did a couple days ago and motor activates flawlessly.

HMMMMMM, lol Ground? Short? Several days ago where the wires had been cut, i attached a 10 amp fuse holder on the ground line where i thought the wiring diagram showed it. I also attached a ground wire to the top of the plastic on the motor as i thought that is where it went. There is a ground wire attached to the body of the cart that was there when i got it and it looks like it has always been there.
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote