View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Jerald j
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 48volt club car limthium battery exploded

Thought I would share my experience last night with you guys. So I did a lithium battery swap from ev battery center in my 2008 club car predecent golf cart about 2 years ago, (I would have been 12 at the time), I installed a big sound system on it with a sub, underglow, a lift kit, ect. Here’s what happened last night. I threw the battery on the charger when I came home from school aprox 4pm whaile I was installing a new tow/run switch, dash, tires, and a steering wheel cover. May I remind you that the battery was fully disconnected from the cart via the Anderson connector. After installing these I went inside and came back out to check the battery voltage at aprox 7 pm. As soon as I opened the door to the garage I smelled a funny smell, I went over to the battery and noticed it was bubbling a bit and leaking a fluid, knowing these battery’s can explode I quickly disconnected the charger and immediately pushed it out of the garage. I went to grab a fire extinguisher just in case and sure enough, when I came back out it was up I’m flames exploding like a fire work. I called the fire department and grabbed a hose and 4 fire extinguishers and immediately went to work, but that did nothing to put out the fire. Thank god we were able to get it out of the garage or the house would have burned down. I will attach a few pictures and videos of the event, the golf cart burnt to the ground. Hard to watch my whole childhood burn to the ground in front of me. Also a bummer I just installed a bunch of new parts on it literally the same day. I plan to upload the security tape footage to YouTube
Jerald j is offline   Reply With Quote