View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
thebonecollector
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mechanical Electrical Engineer Expertise Interpretation Please

I have something backward to the solenoid because it blew the last two switches instantly when my brother put the forward reverse lever into FORWARD. Switches are not easy to find and we are on our 4th set and expensive. I am trying to relay information to my brother in another state. I don't even have the cart in front of me. The first time after he put the new solenoid in and rebuilt controller the cart worked but the direction was reversed. Forward went back and Backward went Forward. He then decided to switch the wires at the Solenoid rather than the motor. Both switches blew out. He replace them and we started trying to wire the cart by the Melex diagram. Next set of switches he installed after he used meter to test all of the components including the diode and resistor he turned key on, put the cart in Forward and when he stepped on the pedal it blew the diode I believe AND the two new microswitches. Next set of switches that he put in after waiting another week for delivery (yea been doing this for about a month now) he turned on the key and put the cart in Forward and SNAP!! blew that set of switches. Like I said we are on the last set of switches that he should get today in the mail. Come somebody provide some much needed help here. This is the last go before we get together in Missouri for our annual outting. Here are some more pictures and diagrams because obviously we can't get this thing back to rolling. I know I know he should have taken more pictures before. We thought that we had enough to cover the limited wires (we thought) and get this thing back together. We have had this thing for at least 10 years and have replaced everything now in the engine compartment including rebuilding the motor..potentiometer, wires, controller, solenoids. Only thing not replaced is the key switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Collage for BGW.jpg (55.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited Solenoid.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Collage for BGW page 1.jpg (77.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Collage for BGW Page 2.jpg (59.4 KB, 0 views)
thebonecollector is offline   Reply With Quote