View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Onward speed upgrade

So after 10 weeks of ownership I've decided the 21mph top speed and lazy acceleration are not cutting it. Time for upgrades. So here's what I'm trying to do.

I'd like increased acceleration and a top speed of at least 30. If it can be done without changing the motor, that would be great. I have a warranty and if I burn the motor up CC will replace it for the next 2 years. With that said, if it's possible, I'd also prefer plug and play so if I do burn the motor up I can put all of the stock parts back on without the dealer knowing. Upgraded motor is definitely in my 2 year plan after the warranty is done. I don't know if I really care about the regen, it's currently set to only engage when I fully lift and it's at the lightest setting. So if I can keep it, great, if not no big loss.

I'm planning to go #1/0 cables, because the incremental cost is diminimus IMO compared to #2. So can I do a controller and solenoid and run the hell out of the stock motor and get 30mph out of it? Can this be done for <$750? Or is an upgraded motor absolutely necessary?

I'm in S. FL so it's all flat street driving. I don't plan to cruise at max speed 24/7 but I figure a cruise will be 25ish, with the extra 5mph when I want it. Plus I'd like it to get out of the hole a little better.

Am I dreaming or is this possible on a $750 budget?
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote