View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Boliver
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Columbia Parcar Motor hysteresis

Thanks to all for your previous help. This cart has been sitting all winter and I figured it was time to take another look. After cleaning and checking connections with no success I started to look under the front hood. I found a double black wire on a female spade connector that was unplugged. I plugged it into a nearby available male connector and all of a sudden I had locomotion. So now to the new problem..
The cart moves fine at slow speed but when the accellerator pedal gets to about half way down the cart switches into warp speed. Usually what happens is the motor stalls and the controller kicks out. After this happens you have to cycle the power via the key switch to get the controller to reset. The symptoms are the same for both forward and reverse. It seems that the cart goes from slow to full (over) power with no in between. I have been able to feather it slowly enough to get to full speed but the is really no mid range.

When checking the controllor wiring against the diagram, I noticed that the F1 terminal on the controller is connected to the F2 terminal on the motor, and the F2 controller terminal is connected to the F1 motor terminal. This is how the wiring diagram shows it should be. Seems counter intuitive but worth mentioning.

And after all this I still have no LED illumination whatsoever.
Thanks in advance.
Boliver is offline   Reply With Quote