View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 ds not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty View Post
My recent purchase of 87 ds will not charge. After a couple of days of reading past posts I believe I have a wiring issue. I have charging voltage coming back to the white wire on the solenoid but that is where it stops. Should the red wire from the voltage reg. connect to that white wire on the solenoid ? This one has the red wire hooked to the battery side of solenoid. Need to add that this cart has all the micros bypassed . It has key ignition and a push button starter switch to activate solenoid. Did read somewhere that the solenoid needs to stay engaged while running which would connect the white wire back to battery but not sure about that. Thanks for any help.
Butchered wiring is always going to give you headaches since you never know what the butcher was thinking when he did it. It usually starts with bypassing something and then continues to the point of no return. That said; the solenoid is indeed constant duty but be cautious and take your time when figuring this one out. There's nothing worse than an electrical fire.
You might want to check out the stickies at the top of the page. There are wiring diagrams posted which may help you fathom it out.
Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote