View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New member and new Club Car owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GR- View Post
I did get to tinker with it some more and tried doing the tricks for increasing the speed but I got it to the point where it was hitting the rev limiter so I turned it back until it stopped hitting the rev limiter.

I am going to send the clutches to be machined, new spring and also get new belts for it. All of the belts are shot and cracked big time. I think the speed differences are because of the clutch and the belt wear.

For the life of me I can't get it to not run though so I don't know what would have caused the no spark issue for them to sell it. I am going to keep running it because I want to make sure it is going to be dependable and that it isn't just being a fluke that it keeps running for me.
Carry a 10mm wrench with you. If it does fail due to the mystery no spark issue you can remove the rpm limiter ground wire from the block to eliminate that possibility. When I had this problem it turned out to be the coil /igniter unit. The cart would sometimes go for days before quitting but gradually it went progressively lesser distances until finally it would only run for a few minutes before cutting out.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote