View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
labloverdc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going from (6) 6 volt batteries to (3) 12 volt

Wow, what a great forum! Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information. We're going to look at the cart this morning, and if we get it I'll post how it works out. I'm pretty convinced that in the long run, i'll be getting the proper batteries. However, this cart is a replacement for a cart (a California Roadster, currently broken) that is included for use at a vacation rental property, and if I don't get something quickly, i will lose a confirmed rental which will cost me about $400 in lost rent. So, if it gets me by for a few weeks, at $900 (or perhaps a little less), I hope to not go too far wrong. Plus the cart has kind of a neat, Model T style front end (homemade, but I still like it), and if it othewise seems to work welll, I wouldn't mind putting some $$ into proper batteries.

Not to hijack my own thread, but the California Roadster went down in large part due to a bad cable and battery, which prompted (unbeknownst to me), some genius renter to "fix it' by installing a 6 volt replacement battery in the 48 volt bank. I was out of town, buit was told by the property manager that he was "very experienced with golf cars and an excellent mechanic." Right..... Now it appears that both the motor and controller are toast, so I'm sure I will be posting for advice on how to tackle that repair when get around to it. Thamks again for everybody's input.
labloverdc is offline   Reply With Quote