Old 04-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: CC carryall wont go into gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry-All View Post
Good morning Gents

I am a new member and have a 2006 Carry-All is that the same on my cart? I would need to change both sides of the transaxle?
No, the 2006 will have a completely different transaxle. You will need to remove the entire rear axle from the cart. Then remove both axle tubes, and you can split it open. Much more involved of a process than the old style where the gear box can be removed separate from everything else.

I recently removed mine in my 92 for an oil leak. I had the gearbox on my workbench in less than 15 minutes.

I also replaced the entire rear end in my 2002 DS.a couple months ago. Took me a few hours to swap the entire rear axle (complete from brake hub to brake hub). Still not "bad" but obviously a lot more involved than just removing 4 bolts and sliding off the gearbox. It would be easier in a carryall where you're not trying to work through a little service hole, but still kind of a hassle.

If you have a carryall 272 all that's out the window, I believe those are different entirely.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote